Friday, July 2, 2010

To LA and back


I've been in LA for the last four days--but I managed to get in a nice swim at the West Hills (in the valley) and do a mile and a half in the pool. I looked up the closest JCC before I left and made a call about getting in. The West Hills JCC is about 15 minutes from Jason and not as fancy as the San Francisco JCC, but it was a pleasure to go. This JCC has even more security than the one in SF--although in 2008 someone tossed at Molotov cocktail at the door of the newly opened/refurbished West Hills JCC.

There were a lot of lessons going on in the pool but I was the only person swimming laps. I don't know why this was the case, but I had a lane to myself in the shallow and warm pool. Afterwards I met everyone for dinner in Agora.

Last night I swam 100 lengths in the JCC pool--just after we made the drive back. I had to keep and eye on the kids, so I had to get out of the pool every 20 laps or so--but I'm proud that I could get in a swim after the long drive up from LA. Some of the 10 lengths seemed to be around 6:10.

This morning I biked the ship monument route in 1:03. So I seem to be getting faster.





No comments:

Post a Comment