Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trial swim in Aquatic Park

I missed yesterday's Swim Art get together, so I got a chance to swim at 7:30 this morning. I don't like to swim alone, especially as I'm getting used to the bay, but I just wanted to swim for a half an hour and get used to bay swimming.

Today I swam a half a mile, mostly along the buoys. I forgot my cap so my head was colder than usual. Also, I really just swam from buoy to buoy--and I would like to become able to swim from one end of the park to the other.

As usual, the folks who do open water swimming are very welcoming. It is as if everyone is just thrilled to be in the bay. When I pulled up in my car, another swimmer greeted me (he was changing out of his suit) and told me how warm the water was.

I managed to get in and out of my wetsuit (I got stuck in it after a swim a month ago) and bring everything I needed except for the cap. I need to get a better cap that is a little larger the Swimart cap (which I can wear on top of the first cap).

Anyway, it was a terrific swim and I plan to go back on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment